BR1 was born in Locri in the province of Reggio Calabria in 1984. He graduated from law school with a degree in Islamic law focusing on Islamic Sources of the Veil and Recent Developments in Turkey, a topic that he divides between his legal profession and his unstoppable artistic research. His passion for drawing and human issues was strong at an early age, therefore about ten years ago he joined the street art movement.
BR1's research consists of social and civil analysis focusing mainly on the dignity of women and immigrants from Africa and the Middle East. Ideals that are often rejected in the various cultural identities of tradition, customs and social problems.
His interest in these issues can be seen in the form of large posters that play the role of a sounding board, protest or a pedagogy. He constructs his images through paradoxes where he directs the observer to confront possibly uncomfortable topics such as sexuality, gender subordination, and war.
After years of pasting, BR1 felt the need to study not only the image but also the support and the materials used. In particular, he focuses on advertising billboards, where he seeks to subvert the logic of advertising and to eliminate it from the public space. BR1 claims that by replacing commercial advertising panels with art, there is a marked improvement in the lifestyle of the community.
- 2014 - Group Show « Positions » - OPEN WALLS Gallery - Berlin
- 2013 – Integration/ Disintegration (solo show) - OPEN WALLS Gallery - Berlin (Germany)
- 2013 – A di città (public art festival) - Rosarno (Italy)
- 2013 – Public arena (group show) Barriera Artegiovane - Torino (Italy)
- 2013 – Women between (solo show) FARM cultural - park Favara (Italy)
- 2013 – From the city to the world (group show) - Boston (USA)
- 2012 – Subterranean modern (group show) The Don gallery - Milano
- 2012 – Stroke#6 Art Fair - OPEN WALLS Gallery - Berlin (Germany)
- 2012 – Street Art Doping - festival - Warsaw (Poland)
- 2012 – The Odd Duo (group show) – Galo Art Gallery – Turin (Italy)
- 2012 – Paris Zone Libre (group show) – OPEN WALLS Gallery – Paris (France)
- 2012 – Stroke#5 Art Fair – OPEN WALLS Gallery – Munich (Germany)
- 2011 – Dissidents (group show) – West Werlin Gallery – Berlin (Germany)
- 2011 – Hydra project – Fondazione Pistoletto – Biella (Italy)
- 2011 – Wtc Suburb Art (group show) – Madness Wall – Turin (Italy)
- 2011 – FART – (group show) Fondazione Farm – Sicily (Italy)
- 2011 – km011 (group show) – Torino Italy
- 2010 – Proximity BR1 and Sepideh Salehi - pah! Project – Fribourg (Switzerland)
- 2010 – Parede Poster – festival – Rio de janeiro (Brasil)
- 2010 – Urban Arts Madrid – festival – Madrid (Spain)
- 2010 – About the city (group show) – Cagliari (Italy)
- 2010 – MiT3.0 – project – Turin (Italy)
- 2010 – Stradafacendo (group show) – Fondazione Barriera – Turin (Italy)
- 2009 – Urbanpainting (group show) – Concept Gallery – Milan (Italy)
- 2009 – Pop Up! – festival – Ancona (Italy)